Connecting creative people in Hastings and St Leonards
Welcome to Hastings Creatives, a place to connect creative practitioners working in Hastings, St Leonards and the surrounding area – Bexhill, Battle, Rye and the villages in between.
There are four strands to Hastings Creatives:
- The HC directory – this website is a free resource for local creatives to add information about what they do. The directory can be used by anyone looking for creative services in the Hastings area.
- Search the directory by typing key words in to the search window in the lime yellow box top right.
- Add your details to the Directory by hitting the blue button on the right
- The Hastings Creatives email list on the Groups.io platform has over 1360 members. Sign up to keep in touch with other local creatives / find out about what’s going on / publicise your creative events / ask for advice / share information / find out about job and funding opportunities.
- The HC Facebook group has 3000 members. It is a closed Facebook group and runs in parallel to the email list – I prefer to use the email list but some people prefer Facebook. If you want to spread your message wide, and make sure you don’t miss out on other people’s posts, then join both!
- Real world meet-ups. We don’t do these very often, but they are always a great opportunity to meet other local creatives in the real world. Keep an eye on the Groups.io email list and the Facebook page for news of when and where the next meeting will be.
Please keep the tone of your emails and Facebook posts polite and friendly. See the FAQs for more information about the email group and how to post.
Hastings Creatives is a volunteer-run, wholly independent operation.
Membership is free of charge, but if you are feeling generous, you can make a ‘thank you’ donation via PayPal (look in the right hand column on this website).
Our thanks to Hastings Borough Council for supporting Hastings Creatives by providing a grant for the re-build of this website in 2017.